What is NEBOSH?
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)) is a UK-based examination board offering qualifications and courses in health, safety, environment, and well-being management. NEBOSH was founded in 1979 and has charitable status. It offers a range of qualifications and courses from introductory to professional level. Qualifications and courses are delivered by NEBOSH accredited Learning Partners, which are located worldwide. NEBOSH qualifications are recognised by relevant professional membership bodies and are vey well accepted in the market for jobs worldwide. NEBOSH received multiple Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Outstanding Achievement in International Trade. DAS is NEBOSH approved training partner under 1154 Centre number.
Why NEBOSH IGC?
The NEBOSH certificate is a globally recognized health and safety qualification from an established independent examination board with over 30 years experience in providing up to date and relevant examinations, NEBOSH IGC is world’s most demanding and accepted certification. Thousands of leading experts and organizations have provided support to update the most widely respected health and safety qualification of its kind in the world. This means that it’s designed to reflect the needs of today’s employer giving learners everything they need to know and do to make their workplace safer.
Who should go for NEBOSH IGC?
There’s never been a better time to join nearly 90,000 people who have the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH International General Certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety management responsibilities. It’s also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career and gives you a stepping stone to success.
NEBOSH IGC Certification Covers?
With in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NEBOSH International General Certificate covers the core skills you need, wherever in the world you work. You will learn:
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- Relevant key international standards
What skills you will Learn?
Risk assessment is central to this qualification, learners would be obtain capability to apply knowledge at workplace application, successful learners will be able to:
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimize workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
What is covered in NEBOSH IGC
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Muscolskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
How is it Assessed?
NEBOSH IGC qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation. Assessment is a two-step process:
- IG1– An open book examination to assess what you know. This is scenario based and will include a closing interview, you will be asked questions about your submission and examination you submitted to NEBOSH.
- IG2– A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (3 hours). Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable.
Assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.